Friday, August 24, 2007

BS

So today Nicole Ritchie was released from jail after a pretty hardcore 82 minutes in jail. Also, Lindsay Lohan received her sentence which was similar weak sauce: She gets 1 day in jail and community service, a whopping whole 10 days of it. After the Paris Hilton debacle, I figured that the California legal system would be a little bit more responsible and less lenient in its treatment towards celebrities. Wrong!!! Anyway, I think it's a pretty ridiculous thing. I know there are much bigger and more important issues going on in the world, but when the media bombards you with coverage of these crazies and their ridiculous predicaments its hard not to get pissed off. I had a good friend of mine get a DUI- a first time DUI- and she had to do 4 days in jail, no if's and's or but's. I just think it's unfair.

No comments: